A recent obsession with the Phantom of the Opera has seeped into my pencil.
- WOOT! Impulse to run through the night? DO IT ALONE (get out of groupthink) and didn’t stop when people came!
- Someone wants to roll on the floor? ENCOURAGED IT
- wanna dance? DANCE
- wanna sing? SING
- wanna strut? STRUUUTT
- wanna laugh? LAAAUUGGGH LOUDLY
- wanna flirt? 😉 <- within reason, sexual harassment is not cool (from either gender)
- someone wants to eat and you’re not hungry? go with them, BE A PAL
- nothing to talk about? duh, it’s called stream of consciousness. Whole books have been written this way and you’re complaining about a 5 minute convo? please…
- at a networking event? ask anything, it doesn’t matter. if you end up sounding stupid, they probably won’t remember anyway. Besides, a nugget of useful information may slip out.
- don’t want to calm someone you barely know just to calm your guilt for not being compassionate to a near stranger? DON’T <cuz it’s très obvi>
- SMILE at people, say hello if they stare at u doing one of these things
- and do all these things WITHOUT LOOKING BEHIND U TO MAKE SURE U’RE ALONE. Why? CAUSE U REALLY DON’T CARE (hint: they don’t either and if they do, at least someone will remember you after you die)
- when faced w/an (mundane) option, choose the new one. Today, i had frosted flakes for the first time, sans milk. Not bad, not bad. At least i had the presence of mind to bring something to drink. 😉
- show your sense of humor <sarcasm>
^of course have a sense of basic morality/decency, but that’s actually not as limiting as it initially sounds (or has been made to sound)
See, even introverts can socialize w/o getting drained.
Still have a bucket of homework to do…